Monday, December 21, 2009

Birthday Weekend!

What a crazy weekend!

This weekend was awesome, not only did I turn 22, but I performed thrice!

It all started on Thursday, when we (Hip Hop Headz - MC FUBB, FELN, Kre3p Show and yours truly) did Bring It To The Cypher 6.1 - The Upgrade at Suba Lounge. It's called the Upgrade because we moved it indoors from the usual outdoor setting, in which most cyphers occur to begin with. H3 fam definitely held it down, but the show was stolen by my boy OG and my boy Canabal. They're crazy as it is with the writtens but their freestyles? Destructive. OG went on rhyming for hours on end, and Canabal came through with a message and made it loud and clear. Big performances. Myself, I got the crowd movin with my performance of "So Fresh (Fuck Haters)" and FUBB and I rocked our next single, "History".

On Friday, it was more of the same, but at the next venue - The Central. Marc, Rabih and Roozbeh showed up to wish me a happy birthday which was awesome! OG and Canabal were there once again, and destroyed it... once again. Those guys are just on some next tip. For real. This show I had an extended set and did my thing over some Dilla beats as well as my usual routine. We did a variation of "Flyin High", usually featuring Symmetry and Sy-Fi who couldn't make it down. Instead, me & OG did the hooks and Canabal went in for the 3rd verse. Needless to say, IT WAS DESTRUCTIVE!

Finally Saturday arrived and it was my birthday. Don't wanna talk about the whole day, but the dinner was outstanding. Tacha baked a scrumptious cake and brought it down to the Liberty Bistro, I performed a couple joints to a mainly unresponsive and terrified audience, although I did encourage them enough into some playful call-and-response. Unfortunately we didn't get to do Santa Baby but we'll be performing that on TUESDAY! At the Roc Da Mic Christmas special!

Ta-ta for now... no homo.

No comments: