Monday, December 7, 2009

Saturday of Mayhem

Hola familia,

How was your weekend? Mine was pretty fun and randomly eventful I must admit! Saturday was the big day I'm talking about here - I'll try to be fleeting with the verbiage and lengthy with the action.

First stop: Toronto Poets' GTA Faith Summit edition of Saturday Night Love. SNL is a weekly event put on by Jason Kinte and the good folks at Toronto Poets. It's quite unique in that it features an open mic, a teaching segment, a discussion forum, and a live performance. In this special edition one of those scheduled performers was my boy David Delisca. Another notable performer during the open mic segment was legendary Toronto emcee Mindbender (pictured below), who did his thing with a rendition of Ye's "Jesus Walks", suitable for the Faith Summit theme.


On the way to the next stop, I, now accompanied by Tavia, therefore along with Tavia, saw this:



Next stop: Arietta's free show at the Edge studio. Now Arietta are my dudes, mainly because my boy Shehzaad drums for them. They kicked some ass as usual, playing a 6 or so tunes off their debut album Migration (go get that!). I added a snippet of their song "According To The Map, We've Gone About Four Inches", at the bottom of this post. Here are some pics of them (singer Tyler and drummer Shehzaad) wilin' out on stage:


Last stop: Sasha's birthday! We celebrated his PEACE-PEACE down at the Entertainment District Jack Astor's... that's two birthday celebrations thus far (not to mention shouts out to Made Wade, Symmetry, G-Dub & my girl Chloe on their bday celebs!), and it's only gon get more celebrationesque!



Happy birthday (again) you crazy Persian!

Here's that Arietta video I was talkin' about:

Oh yeah, PEACE.

No comments: