Thursday, December 3, 2009

Crazy Night Of Rock Shows

Yo, so here's the deal about re-blogging... as in getting back into blogging form. I happen to forget some routine exercises seasoned bloggers undergo naturally in their daily blog workout. One such exercise is that of (a) always being strapped with a camera. Another is (b) charging my camera's battery. And finally and probably the most underrated one of all, (c) actually snapping pictures while I'm at the events.

So let me recap the week you won't see first and foremost... Friday night, crazy afro-jazz ensemble The Main Event at the Gladstone Hotel with my boy Farooq... Saturday night, The Cunninghams CD release (the High Class Rock and Roll EP - go get it!) again with Farooq... Monday night, photo shoot (talk about irony) with my boy Deon and starring my girl Tacha... Tuesday night, recording session with my boy Cortez... And that brings us to Wednesday night, the one night I again forgot routine exercises (a) and (b) but at least remembered (c). Disclaimer: all following pictures were taken with my extremely low megapixel BB Curve camera.

The night started off with a doctor's appointment. Actually that was quite uneventful. Fast forward to my little bro Ashkaan's HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL!!! It was actually pretty tight, called Little Shop Of Horrors, and my brother plays a disgruntled Jewish immigrant floral shop owner, one of the three main characters. I also caught up with my boy Haeven (who also happened to have a younger sibling in the musical), and we agreed that damn... some of these kids can sing! Was my high school really this talented when I went there? Meh, no pics here. I was sitting front row, I think that was my mom's way of punishing me for pulling out the crack(berry) too much. Anyway, the show is going strong until Saturday, so if you're ever in the area of York Mills C.I. from here until then, check it out! $12 to get in.

Next on the order of business was checking my girl Michelle Mondesir's show at The Central. I first saw this incredibly talented singer/songwriter perform at this very same venue a couple months ago for the I Got Skills! showcase and competition put on by the good people at The Flavashop, and she told me about this one so I had to make an appearance. She put on a marvelous set and put me on to another dopeasfuck singer/songwriter, Tredelle McLennon, who shut down the stage right after Michelle did. Wait, how did she shut down an already shut down stage? Nobody knows.....

After I bounced admittedly early, I went to see my boy Michael Palumbo (now formerly) of Apple Pi in his last show as a member of that band... for all y'all curious, he has like 17 side projects so he already has his hands full! And this man is an awetastic multi-talent (actually, I've been meaning to get in a jam session with the dude for a minute now... think it's time!). Definitely check out his music on both the links I gave.

Below are pics of (1) Michelle Mondesir, (2) Tredelle McLennon, and (3) Michael Palumbo. But let the music put the real visuals to your ears! I'm out... PEACE.

No comments: